Sometimes in life, things just don’t go as we had planned. We can find ourselves feeling alone in our struggle, and like others don’t quite understand. You’ve probably asked around for advice, and feel like a lot of what you hear is good natured but biased, or that you don’t really want to discuss all the details of the struggle with friends and family.
If you are dealing with a relationship concern, health issue or you are a caregiving for someone with a health issue, we can help.
We know that relationships can take a complicated turn, and you can wind up feeling unheard, unappreciated, or feeling like you just don’t connect with your partner anymore. We know how far you can get from the beginning “good old days” of your relationship.
We also know that sometimes our health and our bodies can take unexpected turns resulting in chronic health and chronic pain issues, and even terminal illnesses. You and/or your family can wind up in complicated situations for which you feel unprepared and overwhelmed.
At our office, we specialize in the complications of relationships, and also the management and coping with health issues. Sometimes these issues are intertwined and related, other times they are not. We find these experiences often result in high levels of stress, sadness, and anxious feelings and thoughts. We can help with that, too.
How can we help?
We are most commonly asked if we have worked with specific health and relationship issues before. Yes, we work in this area extensively and we are here to help you find your way- whatever way that may be. We know you are seeking support and direct feedback, as well as someone who is fully and truly invested in your wellbeing. We believe the limited feedback and “nodding” types of responses from therapists are a thing of the past and pride ourselves at getting straight to what brings you in to see us.
We work most regularly with:
- Relationship issues
- Martial and long term relationship issues
- Communication issues and challenges in resolving conflicts
- Pre-marital counseling and/or early relationship challenges
- Divorce mediation, consideration, and recovery from divorce
- Infidelity, substance abuse, and/or issues related to addiction
- Child rearing issues
- Infertility challenges and/or challenges related to ambivalence regarding having children
- Family issues related to in-laws and/or immediate family members
- Chronic illness and chronic pain (patients and caregivers)
- Stressors related to neurological conditions (patients and caregivers)
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Spinal cord injuries
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS)
- Other neurological conditions
- Grief and loss of a loved one
- Health anxiety / hypochondriasis
- Panic attacks
- Social anxiety
We work early mornings, evenings, and weekends. Contact us today for an appointment that fits into your schedule via the form below. You may also schedule a free 15 minute consultation to ensure we are the right fit for you. We strive to respond to inquires within 1-2 hours, but may take up to 24 hours to respond.