We want to ensure all of our clients’ needs are met when they come in for their appointments, in between appointments, and upon completion of their therapy. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about usage of your insurance. We will also provide you with resources, both logistical and reading/listening materials, as needed or requested. Some of our clients have more logistical and resource-based questions about care management needs, we are happy to assist with those needs as well. All of our therapists are trained in case management and have worked in community and hospital-based settings. Please let your therapist know how we can best support you.
We are considered to be in network providers for the following insurances:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
- Blue Choice, Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Psych Health- sites 145, 318, 483, 488, and 492
We also accept clients who choose to pay for their sessions privately. For those who are out of network, should you choose to do so, we will submit your claims to your insurance as an out of network benefit on your behalf to eliminate extra paperwork for you.
Not sure about your benefits? We would be happy to look them up for you and offer you a quote- in or out of network. If you have any questions about your insurance benefits, out of network benefits, and/or session fees, please contact us directly via phone or email.
Please note that our office is handicapped/wheelchair accessible and offers parking on site.
telehealth virtual appointments
All of our appointments are telehealth and provided virtually via video and/or phone: care when you need it, on your terms. Read more below to learn why we prefer telehealth appointments to in office visits.
- Our clients value their time and want to use it efficiently. The most common feedback we receive regarding telehealth is the flexibility it offers our clients to schedule appointments at their convenience and without a commute. When you’ve finished up your appointment, you can continue to go about your day.
- As clinicians, we value serving our clients in spaces where they feel most comfortable. It is important to us that care be accessible for everyone. We consistently hear that telehealth allows clients with mobility concerns, chronic health issues, and/or disabilities to be able to access services more easily, safely, and conveniently. Speech or hearing disabilities can also be accommodated more effectively via telehealth versus in office visits.
- Schedules are a lot to juggle. Sometimes couples are in two different spaces. That’s okay. We can do a three way video call. Some clients’ work schedules change on an ongoing basis; telehealth enables clients to attend appointments or modify accordingly without factoring in a commute or wait times in a waiting room. By practicing virtually, we also have been able to extend our hours to earlier morning and later evening appointments.
- It’s covered by your insurance. Legislation has been passed that requires insurers to cover telehealth appointments- at the same cost as an in office visit. If you would like to know your particular plan’s coverage, we would be happy to review your benefits in advance and let you know all of the coverage information. Under the No Surprises Act, Good Faith Estimates are now required to be given to you prior to your appointment. In compliance with this act, we will let you know what to expect in terms of your insurance coverage and the cost associated with your appointment in advance.
- It works. Research studies have shown that clients respond very favorably to satisfaction surveys regarding their telehealth appointment, often preferring it to in office visits. Additionally, clients tend to make the most progress in sessions when they regularly attend; appointment follow up and consistency is higher with telehealth than in office visits due to the flexibility and time efficiency it offers. Lastly, research has shown that therapy outcomes of evidenced based telehealth treatment is as effective as in office therapy.
We are licensed to see clients for virtual appointments in Illinois, Colorado, Georgia, Washington, Wisconsin, Massachusetts, and Florida. If your state is not listed, please reach out to us to obtain more information about how we can best meet your needs.
At Frey & Associates we have found that both our clients and clinicians genuinely enjoy, and prefer, telehealth services. However, the way you choose to access support is a matter of personal preference. If telehealth isn’t for you, we would be happy to provide you with referrals.
Please reach out to see if we can be of help and/or connect you to additional resources. We strive to respond to all inquiries as quickly as possible.
books & podcasts we like
Our staff will often recommend and provide additional reading, articles, or other resources that we believe may benefit our clients. We will be happy to provide you with additional resources, tailored specifically to your needs. We also love reading and learning new things, so we maintain an extensive list of resources. You will find many of our favorite resources below.
Stress management and mindfulness
Mindful: Taking Time for What Matters: website about general overview of mindfulness
Simple Habit: subscription based app; we like the “on the go” tab best, which can be used without a subscription
Calm: subscription based app
Tiny Beautiful Things: book, general ‘go to’ for help getting through life’s challenges
Meditation Oasis: wide variety of guided meditations
Full Catastrophe Living: book
Count Things: app for mindful awareness & tracking of habits
Maybe Baby : book about decision making and family planning
And Baby Makes Three: book about preserving intimacy after baby arrives
Scary Mommy: website about a variety of topics related to family planning and parenting
ADDitude: Inside the ADHD Brain: website about relationships and management of ADHD